Thursday, June 9, 2011

Picture Overload

Since I am finally sitting at the computer.
This is one of the last pictures I sent to Mom of Liam. I went back and forth about whether I should make her wait until the day of the blessing to send her the pictures or send them early. I'm so glad I sent them early. She went into hospice the day before and died the day after the blessing. It is hard to believe that the last conversation I had with her was a year ago tomorrow. She told me she was going to try to stay until after Liam's blessing. Even though I offered to reschedule it, she didn't want to "ruin his big day." I talked to her Friday and Saturday, but she didn't really understand what was going on. She loved this mischievous picture that I almost used for the thank you cards until I looked at it a second time.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Picture taking as become almost impossible as the Liam Monster never rests. He requires no sleep, no breaks, and very little food. This was a rare moment that he looked at the camera. This was only because he'd been caught doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing: hanging out in the picture window. Don't mind the fingerprints on the window.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Just a random picture I discovered while going through the computer that reminded me how excited I am for summer.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We are doing year two of picky sticky pictures. They are quite a challenge. We very naively thought picture taking would be easier once he could stand on his own. Note the devious grin. That is the face of a boy who laughs at you when you tell him to stop doing something. That is the face of a boy who alternates between throwing food and, just as you're about the take it from him, eating a single bite. That is the face of a boy who laughs in the face of outlet covers and throws a tantrum when his mean mama refuses to let him explore said outlet with his wet toothbrush. That is also the face of a boy who, when mama is at her wit's end after chasing him all afternoon, will run over me to snuggle.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our newest game to play is to go back and forth calling each other by our names. He'll call out "Ma!" and I'll return with "Liam." He thinks it is hilarious. Who am I to argue humor?

Here are two more outside pictures, just for fun:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment