Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fake it Til You Make It?

I have to admit that I am a terrible baker. I can cook, but baking is just too tempermental and exact for the likes of me. Not ebing able to bake may be hereditary; my mom couldn't bake either. Whenever I'd bring her cupcakes or cookies to school parties, they'd always be leftover at the end. I was not going to continue the cycle. I would be super baker for Liam's daycare! That being said, I had the great idea to attmept orange bunny pretzel cookie things. I'd found the recipe online and it claimed to be "super easy." I dropped Liam off at daycare today intent on cleaning the house and making these fabulous bunny cookies. His teacher let me know there are fourteen kids in his room. I was planning to make twenty so there were enough for his teachers and a few extras.
The dough was easy enough. I'm pretty good at making dough.
Then it was time to actually make the bunnies. It looked simple enough. I've watched the pretzel girls at the mall do something similar. Not even close.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
They look like a hodgepoge group of reject bunnies.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
A little better.
I was very proud of my makeshift frosting bag. I've never attempted anything like that.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I know less about making glaze than I do about making bunny treats.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Second try
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I was supposed to use sprinkles for eyes. I didn't know that I was supposed to put them on before they went in the oven. Therefore, they eyes had nothing to stick to.
I broke out this icing that was abandonded after I chickened out on making Eagle's sugar cookie footbakks for Liam's first birthday.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Giving the bunnies eyes did not help.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My minimum amount needed was fourteen. I have fifteen that don't look too too bad. I haven't decided if I am going to attempt eyes on them. From here on out, I will be the mother who orders cookies or just makes a box of brownies and calls it good.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment: